Sunday, December 11, 2011

Q & A with Team Prolific: New group on the rise

 "Makin' dope music... always."


How did you get the name Team Prolific
?  

Neme- To make a long story short, my boy Mingo and I were in the library at school and we were trying to figure out what to call the group. So we started writing down different words that sounded dope, we had a good little list going and I wish I could remember some of the names….anyway, I remember Guru from Gangstar saying “the gifted Prolific one”. The word Prolific sounded so fly, but we were not sure of the meaning, so we got out the dictionary, checked it out and added it to the list. Then, “Twist” a former member of the group comes to library gives list a quick look over and pointed and said that’s it. I’m not sure how the Team got added in the name but we are a Team of Mc’s so it fit. 

What is everyone's name and role? 

Flamez- Our role is to be the best..To be Prolific. That's responsibility falls on all of us.

How long have you guys been in involved with music?

 Zin O.d- My whole life, my first birthday present was a bongo set. My whole family does music my mother and both my brothers sing. This is something that is always been a part of me.

 Neme-Same for me music is second nature I feel like always been making music in some sort of way, if I am beatboxing, banging on a table whatever I just always had a connection with music.

Where are you guys from? Where are you currently?   

Zin O.d – I am a Florida native. 
Flamez-Neme and I are both from NY, me the BX and him Brooklyn 
Neme-But Orlando is homebase 

Tell me about your music careers?

Neme- We been doing this for a min, we dropped our first video back in ‘04, and been dropping mixtapes and doing shows all over every since. Last year we did a deal with Ali Sports Inc, for them to use our song “Getting Down” and we have been doing a lot of different licensing deals with our music as of late. Right now we are putting the finishing touches on our upcoming EP, “The Movement”

How many tracks have you guys released?

 Zin O.d -Too many could not even count.

Have you guys gone on any tours? 

Neme- No full tours yet 

Favorite memories with Team Prolific? 

Zin O.d.- For me it’s New Years at Flamez Crib  
Neme- I would have to say recording “Getting Down” with Daywalker the vibe In the studio that night was crazy. 
Flamez- The show we did at University of Florida for one of the fraternities. That was a memorable moment for all those who were there.

What sets you guys apart?

Zin O.d -What we bring to the table, our content the way we explain things, our overall outlook. 
Neme- The way we put words together. 
Flamez-And we don’t care what anybody else is doing, we just do us.

Where can we get your music? 

Neme- You can find us on Itunes and Teamprolific.com just type in Team Prolific in Google and you run into our music, we are all over. 

How do you come up with your beats and lyrics?

Neme-We sit and vibe you know just kick back burning throwing ideas back and forth. 
Zin- We never just write, we sit and build on it break it down, flip it and break it down again. Some songs take weeks to come up with the right idea. 

Do you guys like to freestyle? 

Zin-Hell yeah

What's your fan base like? 

Zin-People that appreciate the craft, we make Prolific music.

Anything you want to add?

Neme-Our new single “It’s up to you” is on iTunes right now, and look out for the video coming soon. And we want to thank all our supports and thank you for reaching out to Team for this interview.
You can check out Team Prolific's facebook, website, and discography.

Article by Rebekah Frye of Beyond Good Vibes.
Locations of Site Visitors